SECURE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE
Integrate security testing activities into an existing development process with SSDLC
Get to know the key benefits of SSDLC
Secure Software Development Life Cycle – SSDLC – is an enrichment of the existing software development process with cybersecurity-focused exercises at every stage.
We provide advisory, technical implementation and operation of each.
Lower cost of bug fixing and vulnerabilities coverage
Automated solution due to integration with CI/CD pipeline
Increased awareness of professionals involved in SDLC
Potential activities we can help with:
01 Threat Modelling
We enumerate and evaluate events that can affect operations and assets tied to your business service.
- Produces an abstract of the system highlighting its most vulnerable layers
- Profiles potential hackers and their TTP – tactics, techniques and procedures
- Lists solutions and mitigations effectively minimising threat surface
02 Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
We analyse your code in an automated manner through our toolset or support you in tuning your SDLC process with the SAST step.
- Significantly reduces the cost of fixing vulnerabilities and bugs
- 100% code coverage
- Fully automated and quick
- Embeds quality testing
03 Manual Code review
Our experts manually review your code to track vulnerabilities and improper implementations in business logic that automated tools cannot understand.
- Completes (if paired with SAST) the image of your code security
- Can be applied in a more modular manner to focus on a specific functionality testing
04 Software Composition Analysis
We identify the volume and characteristics of open-source components within an application.
- Identifies open source elements impacting your application from security and licensing manners
- Depending on the toolset, it provides unusual paths of risk reduction for most important vulnerable elements
05 Dynamic Application Security Testing
We create, improve or re-develop your process, advise and implement the necessary toolset and help you interpret outcomes by identifying false positives.
- Fast and scalable method of vulnerability identification
- Easy to automate
- Not language-dependent
- Can run in a continuous manner
06 Penetration Testing
We perform cyber security assessments of web-based and mobile applications, infrastructure, and thick clients.
- Significant false-positives reduction
- Reflects current trends and exploits in live scenarios
- Often required by client, audit or internal requirement
- Proof of concept for each defined vulnerability
Learn more about penetration testing services.
07 Risk Assessment
We assess your IT system from its business purpose perspective.
- Highlights most likely breach scenarios due to the likelihood consideration
- Includes business purpose of assessed IT system
- Risks can be produced using your methodology, allowing for outcome integration with your risk registrar
08 Infrastructure as a Code
We review your deployment code to check for existing flaws and misconfigurations that may produce vulnerabilities in deployed infrastructure.
- Compatible with CI/CD pipeline
- Has the potential to fill often overlooked gaps
- Quick to perform
09 Vulnerability Scanning
We perform a security scan of your infrastructure to determine open services and list their vulnerabilities.
- Does not impact system stability
- Depending on the needs or assets, criticality can be implemented into a continuous mode
Implementation of SSDLC – Secure Software Development Life Cycle
Our partner from the financial sector asked Spyrosoft to blend cybersecurity into software development practice due to internal and external market requirements. We helped the client analyse which elements of SSDLC are the most feasible to implement, considering the existing architecture and the client’s modus operandi.
We implemented specific parts of the SSDLC process in compliance with the demanding requirements of a financial institution.
The scope of implementation included:
- threat modelling,
- SAST and SCA,
- penetration testing.
We designed the process, tuned existing tools to meet the client’s requirements and proposed changes in tooling to flexibly implement other parts of the future SSDLC process in the organisation.
Cybersecurity is not an option, it is a must have for every modern organisation
I’m a cybersecurity enthusiast with over 15 years of professional experience. During this time, I provided many cyber services for various customers from all around the world. At Spyrosoft, I’m responsible for cyber services, team management, and client cooperation. I believe there is no ‘one size fits all’ in cybersecurity, as services must be customised and tailored to the sector, infrastructure and organisation’s profile. I focus on practical aspects of cybersecurity to offer reliable service that is understandable and provides a clear value to the client.
Get in touch and book a free consultation.
HEAD OF CYBERSECURITY