Technical Manager for SW – Data Recording
The Technical Project Manager for SW – Data Recording is the main interface for the Recording Tool area with respect multiple stakeholders: on top Test Management, on the side customer, project leads (Data Management, Vehicle Integration, Feature Owner, ECU development and suppliers and at the bottom on Recording technical PMs and tool engineers. He has the task to build from engineering/architectural perspective the logging toolchain for data collection, visualization for feature analysis and reference sensors according to project needs. The Technical Project Manager for SW – Data Recording has as internal customer the system testing team, feature owner and the function performance test team, while on the outer side of the project together with test management, project management and customer shall discuss requirement and illustrate status of project execution.
Tasks towards the Data Recording teams:
• Setup and track time, ensuring running operation, removing/escalating blocking points and show stoppers;
• Project time plan maintenance, in order to meet all project milestone and deliverable;
• Resource planning, verifying in real time the project needs in terms of human resources, tools and finance.
• Communication and coordination, to ensure the groups are properly and actively sharing information, following right procedures and establishing regular internal meetings.
Tasks toward Test management
• To report proactively the status of Data Recording, in form of presentation or regular update as requested by management;
• To receive regular and provide regular update on status of milestone regarding Data Recording;
• Interfacing with other disciplines within the projects to receive and provide supports (i.e. communicating software needs and/or providing tooling support);
Tasks toward suppliers
• To collect from Data Recording teams the requirements documents to be provided to supplier,
• To align with Suppliers for definition of data interfaces, data format and data exchanges.
• To establish proper procedures for creation of Statement of Work and then Purchasing Orders for supplier;
• To monitor the quality of provided services and tools.
Tasks towards customer
• To organize/participate to regular customer meetings and call
• To ensure proper flow of communication with the customer as part of the general project strategy
System Tool Conception
• Acquire, develop, understand and document system tool requirements based on tool requests from internal/external customers;
• Manage and negotiate system tool requirements, change requests and unwritten expectations;
• Supervise the development and documentation of system tool architecture and design in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way;
• Plan and estimate tool development for internal and external implementation;
• Review design documents like requirement specifications, test specifications, architectures, etc.
System Tool Development & Support
• Manage tool projects by comparing of plan (schedule) vs. progress;
• Manage the development and extension of tools, troubleshooting and fix tool defects based on ALM tickets (Tasks, Change Request or Defect items);
• Supervise the creation of tool documentation for user (e.g. User Manuals, Troubleshooting Guides, and Installation Guides etc.);
• Plan the execution of tests and review for tool releases and documentation ensuring that the system tool performs per requirements.
• Support of internal and external customer by management of delivery, maintenance, troubleshooting and improvements of implemented tools.
• Plan tool integration into the vehicle assembly & vehicle test tool chain
• Definition with supplier of data format, tools and procedures to be followed during the course the of the project;
• Supervision of data logging chain as well bring up and maintenance
• Supervision of troubleshooting sessions to ensure the operational work of tools
• Coordination with partners and internal departments (i.e. data collection, DMR and testing) logging chain
- Advanced experience in project management, planning and coordination;
- Experience in project and customer communication and reporting;
- Experience in agile project management and methods;
- Experience of ALM tools (PTC Integrity, Jira, Confluence);
- Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project);
- Background in technical management, test management, System test, or ideally leading of system or SW test tool development;
- Experience in requirements management;
- Experience in test specification and test procedures;
- Knowledge in main automotive communication standards like CAN, Automotive Ethernet, Some IP, UDS, XCP ,DLT, etc.;
- Knowledge in Embedded interfaces like UART, SPI, I²C, etc.;
- Knowledge in of automotive communication records: MDF4, PCAP or Wireshark;
- Ideally knowledge in MobileEye data structures like TAPI and EyeQ SPI communication;
- Knowledge in PC network communication and interfaces like Ethernet, PCIe, SATA, USB, etc.;
- Knowledge in logging tools, measuring tools and test benches, ideally ADAS Sensor recording and reprocessing tools;
- Basic knowledge in ECU testing, flashing procedures and troubleshooting tools like debugger;
- Knowledge for ADAS Sensor systems and test concepts (features, components and communication);
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred);
- 6+ years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory);
- 2+ years’ experience in project management especially in automotive customer context;
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills;
- Able to work in distributed global team environment;
- Willing to learn and work with new technologies and why they are needed;
- Ability to lead a team lateral;
- Ability to coordinate a team of Engineers;
- Team orientation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (verbal and written);
- Knowledge of German is an asset;
- Travel (domestic and international) may be needed.
WHAT YOU GET
We support you at every stage
Work from anywhere
Work from home, any of our offices or wherever you feel most comfortable.
We provide the equipment that best suits your needs and the requirements of your role.
Use your personal training budget to gain new skills and knowledge.
Not only do you get to work with your friends, but we also compensate you for the recommendation.
Take part in our knowledge-sharing meetups organised by and for tech enthusiasts.
Private health insurance
Keep your health in check with easy access to medical professionals.
Keep your body in shape with access to multiple gyms, swimming pools and sports classes.
Meet the recruiter
Recruitment process (run remotely but you're more than welcome to visit us at the office)
We carefully read every CV we receive. If you meet our requirements, we call you to learn more about your skills and needs.
After talking on the phone, it's time for the technical part of recruitment, during which we can ask you to complete the task related to your position. We always provide feedback after this meeting.
The next stage is a meeting in one of our offices or online. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the team and work culture from the person who manages the department and/or Spyrosoft partner.
At Spyrosoft, we contact every person who was taking part in recruitment process. If we accept your candidacy, we will also send you a list of the next steps.