Join the most committed people in IT
We are looking for
Senior Scala Developer
£60,000.00 per year
We are currently seeking a Senior Scala Developer ideally based in the Bournemouth / Southampton area with minimum 5-year experience of Scala delivery to join one of the fastest growing technology firms in Europe. In this key role you will work alongside one of our blue chip, major brand, clients as a part of an internationally based technology delivery team.
You'll develop innovative software in a highly collaborative, Agile environment with a good work-life balance in a sociable, happy, fun atmosphere. You'll be a valued member of a multi-disciplined Agile Scrum Team and involved in all aspects of software development including service design using microservices, coding, testing and a degree of maintenance and support.
Your focus will be on working with Clients to deliver well tested software with assistance from Quality Assurance/ Tester(s).
- Build Scala based technology solutions
- Help to develop our Scala development competence
- Collaborate with our clients at both operational and senior levels
- Support Scrum Masters/Project Managers in planning, managing, documenting and communicating timelines, tasks, issues, decisions, and risks
- Assess the impact and feasibility of proposed technical solutions, evaluating alternatives and delivering solutions that accomplish client business outcomes
- Commercial experience programming in Java Scala
- Knowledge of modern design patterns, such as microservices software architecture
- An understanding of web/agile technologies and RESTful protocols
- Ideally, an understanding of automated web testing solutions
- Ideally, knowledge of relational / NoSQL database systems
- Use Scala, JSON, CI tooling, one-button deployment to Cloud with a DevOps mentality
- Work from Jira tickets with defined goals & test criteria implementing RESTful microservices
- Build and maintain digital services within an Agile Sprint / Kanban environment
- Have input on the Design, Jira tickets, priorities, estimation & test strategies as the team works as one self-managed unit without undue interference
- Innovate, contribute, and support our key Clients
- Contribute to robust testing
- You'll be asked to technically lead pieces of work
- Contribute to a culture of continuous team & service improvement
- Located in the Bournemouth, Dorset / Southampton, Hampshire area
- Willingness to travel for client visits and internationally to our offices if required
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as a Senior Scala Developer
- Working on sizeable software development projects
- Experience in either Financial Services, Geospatial, Media, HR, Automotive, Industry 4.0, Healthcare or Recruitment industries ideal
- Results oriented
- Proactive and displays initiative; seeks out information and detailed answers, etc. without needing to be directed to do so
- Successfully engages with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Great communication skills in working with clients, leading other developers and working as a part of a distributed technical team
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Confluence etc
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
Full-time, 12 months Fixed-Term Contract with possibility of extension
Monday to Friday
Bournemouth/Southampton - Wimborne BH21 7UH (Preferred)
Do you know anybody who would fit the role?
Great! Contact our recruitment team and get PLN 5000.Send us a message
Meet the recruiter
WHAT YOU CAN GET
We support you at every stage
We've prepared life insurance on great terms for you.
Type of cooperation
An employment contract or B2B depending on your needs.
Crossfit or pilates? With the card you can enter selected gyms for free.
Flexible working hours
You're not an early bird? You can work for us when you are the most productive.
In most projects, each specialist can work one day a week from any location.
Private health care
We have several packages from two suppliers to choose from, without waiting in queues.
Every specialist has an assigned person who takes care of their career development.
Choice of equipment
You choose which equipment will work best for you.
Decide on your development. Go to a conference, learn a new language or buy a selection of books in your field.
Recruitment process (currently run remotely)
We carefully read every CV we receive. If you meet our requirements, we call you to learn more about your skills and needs.
After talking on the phone, it's time for the technical part of recruitment, during which we can ask you to complete the task related to your position. We always provide feedback after this meeting.
The next stage is a meeting in one of our offices or online. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the team and work culture from the person who manages the department and/or Spyrosoft partner.
At Spyrosoft, we contact every person who was taking part in recruitment process. If we accept your candidacy, we will also send you a list of the next steps.