Data analysis and acquisition:
- Capturing data requirements from both customer and technical teams
- Understanding and identifying data sources to support data requirements
- Setting up interfaces to source systems and/or working with system owners to facilitate it
- Setting up data acquisition pipelines to move data from source to target systems
Data engineering and processing:
- Setting up data processing jobs to clean and transform data
- Applying business logic and feature engineering techniques to generate data sets
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning data pipelines
- Supporting data science teams in their data acquisition
Tools and technology:
- SQL coding skills (essential)
- Python coding skills (essential)
- Knowledge of Azure data services (ADF, Azure Data Lake Storage, SQL DWH)
- Familiarity with distributed systems (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, U-SQL, Spark, Data bricks etc.)
- Familiarity with unstructured data and No-SQL technologies
Due to an exciting new partnership, Spyrosoft are looking for multiple Data Engineers from a computer science or numerical/statistical background to join us on a fixed term basis for between 6 and 36 months.
You will join an established team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Visualisation Consultants, AI Developers and Data Analysts, working collaboratively on both internal and external projects. You will help this team get the data they need by sourcing it from disparate systems, cleansing, transforming and prepping the data for use within analytical and predictive models.
Analytical thinking, problem solving and coding skills are required for this role.
Skills & Qualifications
- Be excited by working as part of a team of data scientists, analysts and visualisation professionals
- Possess an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical/business users
- Be able to use data as a foundation to solve business problems
- Have an ability to break down complex problems into single and manageable components
- Be able to maintain a high standard of outputs under tight deadlines
- Lead by Example by helping to inspire our clients to embrace new technologies and ways of thinking
- Understand legacy processes and adopt new technology to manage change
Spyrosoft is an authentic, cutting-edge software engineering company, established in 2016. In 2021 and 2022, we were among the fastest growing technology companies in Europe, according to the Financial Times. We were founded by a group of tech experts with established backgrounds in software engineering, who created an ‘engineer-to-engineer’ workplace, powered by enthusiasm, fairness and authentic relationships. Having a unique offering, which bridge the gap between technology and business, we specialise in technology solutions for industry 4.0, automotive, geospatial, healthcare & life sciences, employee experience & education and financial services industries.
WHAT YOU GET
We support you at every stage
Work from anywhere
Work from home, any of our offices or wherever you feel most comfortable.
We provide the equipment that best suits your needs and the requirements of your role.
Use your personal training budget to gain new skills and knowledge.
Not only do you get to work with your friends, but we also compensate you for the recommendation.
Take part in our knowledge-sharing meetups organised by and for tech enthusiasts.
Private health insurance
Keep your health in check with easy access to medical professionals.
Keep your body in shape with access to multiple gyms, swimming pools and sports classes.
Meet the recruiter
Recruitment process (run remotely but you're more than welcome to visit us at the office)
We carefully read every CV we receive. If you meet our requirements, we call you to learn more about your skills and needs.
After talking on the phone, it's time for the technical part of recruitment, during which we can ask you to complete the task related to your position. We always provide feedback after this meeting.
The next stage is a meeting in one of our offices or online. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the team and work culture from the person who manages the department and/or Spyrosoft partner.
At Spyrosoft, we contact every person who was taking part in recruitment process. If we accept your candidacy, we will also send you a list of the next steps.
+VAT (B2B) per hour