Aspiring Functional Safety Engineer (UK)
We're looking for an ambitious and motivated individual who would like to join our functional safety team and delve into the arcana of functional safety engineering with the ultimate goal to become a fully independent functional safety engineer.
Exact project assignment depends on the qualifications of a particular candidate and will be discussed in the course of the recruitment process.
- Conduct safety analysis (FTA, FMEA).
- Manage and maintain technical documentation.
- Create and maintain functional safety related documentation, including templates and checklists.
- Create training materials related to functional safety topics.
- Work with Ansys Medini tool.
- Support our projects in the role of Functional Safety Engineer for initial concept development, software products and project setup, for R&D or customer projects.
- Create, maintain and refine all functional safety artifacts, e.g. development interface agreement (DIA), safety plans, safety requirements, technical safety concepts, technical architectures, requirements for hardware and software.
- Define the safety functions (specialty: function development).
- Perform safety analyses (e.g. FTA, HAZOP, and support the development of suitable safety architectures).
- Present and justify the safety concepts and functional safety process to customers and auditors.
- Implement and maintain a functional safety process, supporting process improvement, methods and tools relevant to functional safety.
- Provide technical leadership for Safety Standards and Safety Analyses, including checking and approving analyses performed by others.
- Manage and perform tool and software classification and qualification.
- Prepare and support safety assessments and audits for safety relevant projects.
- Assist in the development of new system features, components and diagnostic algorithms that will improve the safety or reliability of the system, or improve the coverage of the built-in protection systems.
- Proactively engage project teams, ensuring safety is accommodated and understood within the product development process.
- Actively support all projects with analysis and expert advice.
We are not expecting candidates to have proven know-how of functional safety standards (e.g. ISO26262) but experience in quality processes or the automotive domain is highly welcome. That's why we would like to encourage automotive quality engineers, requirement/system engineers or even hardware designers to apply if they would like to pursue the career in functional safety domain.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Passion for learning and solving engineering problems.
- Reliability and meticulousness.
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Experience with quality processes and standards, e.g. ISO 9000 or ISO 27001, A-SPICE.
- Experience in automotive industry.
- Theoretical knowledge of functional safety norms and standards, e.g. IEC61508, ISO26262, ISO25119, ISO13849.
- Experience in hardware design in automotive domain.
- Process-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Experience in working with technical requirements in system/software design or hardware design.
- Experience with tools like Polarion, Doors or Enterprise Architect.
WHAT YOU GET
We support you at every stage
Work from anywhere
Work from home, any of our offices or wherever you feel most comfortable.
We provide the equipment that best suits your needs and the requirements of your role.
Use your personal training budget to gain new skills and knowledge.
Not only do you get to work with your friends, but we also compensate you for the recommendation.
Take part in our knowledge-sharing meetups organised by and for tech enthusiasts.
Private health insurance
Keep your health in check with easy access to medical professionals.
Keep your body in shape with access to multiple gyms, swimming pools and sports classes.
Meet the recruiter
Recruitment process (run remotely but you're more than welcome to visit us at the office)
We carefully read every CV we receive. If you meet our requirements, we call you to learn more about your skills and needs.
After talking on the phone, it's time for the technical part of recruitment, during which we can ask you to complete the task related to your position. We always provide feedback after this meeting.
The next stage is a meeting in one of our offices or online. You will have the opportunity to learn more about the team and work culture from the person who manages the department and/or Spyrosoft partner.
At Spyrosoft, we contact every person who was taking part in recruitment process. If we accept your candidacy, we will also send you a list of the next steps.