ADAS: Functions Engineer (RO)
ADAS Functions Engineer is providing technical effort for the development of ADAS/AD functions, in particular that the function is completed according to its specification, within the defined time frame, while following the applicable development process. This can also include the cross-functional coordination of defined work packages of the V-Model (requirements, design, implementation, testing) and delivery of the function(s) until the SOP. The Functions Engineer works with internal and external stakeholders including direct customer communication, to fulfill the customer milestones and the feature release plan.
For Senior position, it is required additionally to provide technical leadership to the Regular Functions Engineer. It is Senior ADAS Functions Engineer’s responsibility to ensure that the function is completed according to its specification, within the defined time frame, while following the applicable development process.
Tasks on the Regular position
- Is the technical support for the assigned function(s) related concerns and offers expertise to the function development team with support from project lead
- Executes the work packages for the assigned function(s) and coordinates Software and System Test in collaboration with the SW and System Test Managers
- Provides work direction in alignment with Senior Engineer to the function development team members and external partners (supplier management) by assigning and tracking the tasks for his/her function on a regular basis
- Participates in regular function development team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges
- Is responsible for performing the analysis of function related requirements and standards in its responsibility field
- Is responsible for the decomposition of customer / input requirements to system or discipline level (depending on the granularity of the customer / input requirements)
- Participates in negotiation of customer requirements, change requests
- Is involved in the early warning process of critical issues, planning and target deviations within the project and beyond
- Supports the identification of strategic changes required to improve processes, efficiency, and quality
- Supports structured problem-solving processes
Tasks on Senior position
- Is the technical lead for the assigned function(s) related concerns and offers expertise to the function development team with support from Program Management, TPL, System Lead, HW Lead, SW Lead, SW & System Test Manager as well as Functions Performance Test Manager
- Manages and plans all work packages of the development cycle for the assigned function(s) and coordinates Software and System Test in collaboration with the SW and System Test Managers
- Supervises and/or provides work direction to the function development team members and external partners (supplier management) by assigning and tracking the tasks for his/her function on a regular basis
- Ensures delivery of the committed function performance within the planned time and allocated resources
- Holds regular function development team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges
- Coordinates and is accountable for the analysis and decomposition of function related requirements and standards
- Analyses and understands customer function requirements using requirements management tools and processes in acc. with defined RASIC chart
- Manages and negotiates customer requirements, change requests
- Communicates planning of function performance KPIs ramp up and defect ramp down internally and to the customer
- Is responsible for the early warning of critical issues, planning and target deviations within the project and beyond; definition and execution of counter measures accordingly with support from TPL and/or PM
- Identifies strategic changes required to improve processes, efficiency, and quality
- Drives structured problem-solving processes
- Supports line managers to develop and suggest reuse strategy
- Ensures that all work packages and outputs for represented functions comply to the internal development process and quality level as well as to Functional Safety
- Develops function evaluation and performance criteria and metrics
- Analyses test results and data to ascertain performance meets requirements
- Participates in customer technical function design reviews
- Provides function system level DFMEA inputs if required
Join us and become a crucial part in taking ADAS to the next level! Together with our strategic partner, a global leading Tier 1 automotive supplier, we are approaching amazing solutions that will bring unique value to top car manufacturers. Let’s do it together!
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising project teams
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Requirements management / decomposition. Experienced in use of requirements management tools
- Familiar with concepts such as base lining, inheritance etc.
- Can anticipate customer requirements, even if not stated in customer documentation
- Knowledge of IS026262
- Knowledge of structured problem solving methods and/or techniques
- Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management, UML tools, static code check tools
- ALM tools (PTC Integrity)
- Knowledge of tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI
- Desirable: ADTF environment
- Desirable: Carmaker
- Desirable: Enterprise Architect
- Language: Comprehensive knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable relevant experience related technical field required
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Spyrosoft is an authentic, cutting-edge software engineering company, established in 2016. In 2021 and 2022, we were among the fastest growing technology companies in Europe, according to the Financial Times. We were founded by a group of tech experts with established backgrounds in software engineering, who created an ‘engineer-to-engineer’ workplace, powered by enthusiasm, fairness and authentic relationships. Having a unique offering, which bridge the gap between technology and business, we specialise in technology solutions for industry 4.0, automotive, geospatial, healthcare & life sciences, employee experience & education and financial services industries.
WHAT YOU GET
We support you at every stage
Check the benefits of working at Spyrosoft
Private health insurance
Keep your health in check with easy access to medical professionals.
Flexible working hours
You're not an early bird? You can work for us when you are the most productive.
Use your personal training budget to gain new skills and knowledge.
Not only do you get to work with your friends, but we also compensate you for the recommendation.
Take part in our knowledge-sharing meetups organised by and for tech enthusiasts.
Meet the recruiter
I say yes to any challenge that comes up and I always get to the finish line, no matter how hard the ride is. Be part of our ride, join Spyrosoft!
Recruitment process (run remotely but you're more than welcome to visit us at the office)
We check your CV
We check your qualifications
We make an appointment
You get the answer
CONTACT OUR RECRUITMENT TEAM
ADAS: Functions Engineer (RO)